Online BlackJack strategy
The Exciting Game of Blackjack
Though there are many games to choose from when playing in a casino, whether it is online or on land, every game has a certain house advantage. Blackjack or 21 happens to be one of the games with the least amount of house advantage, and rates usually around 0.5% in the houses favor. It’s not a hard game to play, and by utilizing some basic tips you can cut down the chances of loosing your money, and even win some with a bit of practice.
The Rules of Blackjack
Blackjack is definitely one of the favorite games in any casino, and is played by many people, from beginners to amateurs and professionals, and even though the basics are quite easy to learn, to master some of the finer strategies, will take some time, patience and practice. Keep in mind the game is also called 21, and that is the target number you are trying to reach without going over.
The Goal of the Game
As mentioned, the main idea and goal of the game of Blackjack is to try and get as close as possible to 21, but going over that number will result in a loss. You are playing against the dealer so whoever gets closer to 21 without going over wins the hand. For example if you scored a total of 20 points and the dealer gets a lower score or goes over 21 you win the hand. In the event of a tie, it is called a push and your bet will be returned to you.
Scoring a Hand
As stated, you want to reach as close as possible to 21, and this is done adding the scores together from the cards you are dealt. You determine the value of your score by adding the face value of the cards together, as each one has its own. For instance cards 2-10 have their respective value that is marked on the cards. Any of the face cards (jack, queen, king) are worth 10, and an ace can count for either 1 or 11, depending on what is best for you. There are both hard and soft hands and this means that when an ace is used as an 11 the hand is soft. For example if you had an ace and a three you would have a soft fourteen, whereas if you had a nine and five that would be considered a hard fourteen. Now if you were dealt a ten next and had the soft fourteen you would be safe because the ace would revert back to a one instead of eleven, but if you had the hard fourteen you would go over 21 and lose the hand.
Play free online BlackJack
As stated earlier, in the game of blackjack you play against the dealer and not other players. For this reason a lot of online casinos have blackjack as a single player game, where you are playing against a computerized dealer. This is sometimes better than playing at a table with other people, as you never have to feel rushed with your playing decisions, and don’t have to worry about someone getting the cards you were looking for.
Playing the game is quite easy. You as well as the dealer are dealt two cards. Most often the player’s cards are turned face up, but the dealer has one card down and one card face up. The dealer has certain rules he must follow and his play is not determined by what the player has. What you do as a player is look at the dealers face up card and decide on how many cards you want to be dealt. For example if you see the dealer has a ten or face card up, you try and get closer to 21 than what you think he will get, but remember you cant go over 21 or you lose. You can “draw” as many cards as you want or “stand” when you have reached the total you are comfortable with.
The Dealers Rules
Even though you can stop at any time, the dealer must keep taking cards until he has reached 17 or higher, though in some casinos a dealer must take another card if he has a soft 17 (A & 6).
What is a Blackjack?
A blackjack is where you are dealt an ace and another card worth ten, totaling 21. When this happens you are awarded one and a half times what your bet was. The only time this hand isn’t an instant winner is if the dealer gets the same hand and then it is a tie (or push) and you just get your money back that you bet.
What Are Special Bets?
Online BlackJack strategy:
Beside hitting (drawing cards) or standing (stopping) there are also a few other special options. If you are dealt two cards of the same value you are allowed to split the cards if you want to, and add some more money to your wager. This means you will be playing two hands instead of one, and you can draw as many cards as you want to, before standing as long as you don’t go over 21. Now some, but not all casinos, even allow you to split two unmatched face cards because they are of the same value but this is something you have to check with the specific casino you are playing at.
Another option, is that if the first two cards you are dealt total nine, ten or eleven, you can choose to double down, which normally means matching your original bet, and then you will receive one card only to try and get as close to 21 as possible.
Another feature in blackjack is called insurance, and this is where if the dealer turns an ace up, you can add some money to your bet so that if he gets a blackjack (A + 10) you are paid 2-1 even if you lose the hand. Now you can only bet half of the amount of your original wager so even if you lose the hand you will break even.
Some Online Blackjack Tips
- Even though you are allowed, a golden rule is never split your tens as you will probably already have the win with 20.
- Regardless of what the dealer is showing with his face up card, always split your aces and eights, as it will greatly improve your odds of winning.
- Even though insurance may be available, it is not advisable to use in online blackjack unless you are counting cards.
- A solid rule for online blackjack is to always stand when you have a hard 13-16 but only when the dealer’s face up card is a 6 or lower. On the flip side if the dealer shows a 7-A, then you should continue to draw.
- Again, in online blackjack if the dealers face up card is a 4, 5 or 6 you should always stand on a hard 12 and hope the dealer goes over 21.
- If the dealer is showing a 2 or a 3, or a 7 or higher and you have a hard 12, the odds dictate you should continue to draw.
- If the dealer is showing a 10 you should always continue to draw until you have 17 or better, as this will improve your chances of winning.
- Another time you should continue to draw is when a dealer has a 10 and you have a soft 17 (A + 6) because you have a better chance of getting a good hand and can always use the Ace as a 1 if needed.
- These are just a few tips and tricks for playing the great game of blackjack. With some patience, time and practice you soon will be raking in the cash from your favorite casino!
- GOOD LUCK!
Want to try it for fun? press on the “play now” button
Count Cards and Make Money: The Simplified Way
The average joe’s guide to making card counting in casino blackjack an income source; no advanced math required!